Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Intro

Zdravo! Welcome to my blog! My name is Bukurije Akiti, but I go by Buka to make everyone's lives easier :)  I know you're probably thinking...What's with the name? Well, my parents are originally from a small country named Macedonia (if you know where that is, I'm impressed).  I was born in Elk Grove, IL and grew up in a small town named Sterling, IL (once again, I'm impressed if you know where that is).

This is my 11th year teaching. I currently teach 5th grade at Prospect Elementary.  Prior to that, I taught 3rd grade  in my hometown. Although teaching has its challenges, I can't imagine doing anything else! From the beginning of my career, I've always been drawn to incorporating technology within my classroom, so I look forward to learning new things as I pursue my technology endorsement! 

4 comments:

  1. Man, you sure are a badass. I love hearing your stories from Macedonia, and hope to hear more through this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I look forward to the exciting world technology can open up to us and our students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the 677 learning community! I am happy to be learning with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your introductory blog post Buka! I appreciate your honesty. Love the background too. Can't wait to read more in the near future.

    ReplyDelete