Thursday, April 25, 2019

677 Reflection


Over the course of this class, I became so much more aware of the various ways to incorporate audio into the classroom. Prior to taking this class, I didn't realize how audio itself could be a useful teaching tool. There were two ways that I incorporated audio into my own classroom over the course of this class. I recorded myself giving a detailed description of the Constitutional Convention in order to get students to travel back in time and envision themselves as one of the delegates.  It was fun hearing the students discuss what they visualized and the feelings they had after listening to the recording. I also had the students do their own recordings to practice poems for our weekly poetry jams.  They had a rubric in which they assessed themselves on their volume, articulation, expressiveness, and pace. The following week, they took their poetry recordings and created Chatter Pix videos to go along with their audio recordings.  Check out the student sample below!


No comments:

Post a Comment