Learning Space
Learning Space
I enjoyed this particular discussion because not only did I get to be creative and essentially design my dream learning space, I also was able to get some great ideas from my classmates. I'm glad to see that educators are starting to rethink the way classrooms are designed in order to best meet the needs of our 21st century learners. Technology has totally transformed education and it's about time that the learning spaces catch up to these changes. What I noticed about all the designs was that they were all conducive to the 4 C's, especially collaboration. I'm seeing more and more classrooms being transformed from desks in rows to flexible learning spaces. These spaces promote innovation and prepare our students for the real world!
Tech Plan
Thank goodness for group projects! I couldn't have completed this assignment without Justine, Mandy, Jen, and Dan! Although it seemed like quite an undertaking at first, it actually was manageable once we divvied up the parts of the plan. Our group took somewhat of a different approach, and instead of writing an overall tech plan, we decided to gear it toward a digital citizenship curriculum called Digital Passport (by Common Sense Education). As teachers, we don't really get to see all that goes into a tech plan. It was nice to learn more about what goes on "behind the scenes". I have a much greater appreciation for all the work that goes into obtaining and sustaining all the technology in our district. Similar to this project, it's a TEAM EFFORT!


No comments:
Post a Comment