Interactive Story
The can't think of a more fitting artifact to include for the Collaboration Web Tools in Education course than the Interactive Story. When we were first assigned this task, I was a little nervous about collaborating with my group members without being in the same room. I was worried about not being able to communicate as effectively. As we started working on the assignment, my worries were pushed aside and replaced with eagerness to collaborate in a way that I hadn't before. We were all able to work simultaneously and build off each others' ideas. We also had a lot of laughs throughout the process! I think the key to this type of collaboration is to set up a time frame in which all members are working on the project at the same time. I heard that another group did not set up a time to work together, and it seemed as though the process dragged on because they were waiting on each other to complete portions of the story. This is a great activity to encourage collaboration and I look forward to doing this activity with my own 5th graders!

No comments:
Post a Comment