Sunday, July 21, 2019

EEND679Z5 Artifacts


Pear Deck with Google Slides & Google Forms







There are endless options when it comes to formative assessments! Before designing assessments and determining what tools to use, teachers need to decide what kind of information needs to be gathered and how that information will be used. Before I created these two formative assessments, I decided that one would be used during a lesson (Pear Deck Presentation) and the other at the end of a lesson (Google Form). Pear Deck is great because students' responses can be used as teaching points. Students can receive immediate feedback not only from the teacher, but from their peers as well! With Google Forms, teachers can easily view the results in real time. Because the results are organized in a Google Sheet, teachers can easily access and manipulate the data.  Choosing the right tool is important, but what's EVEN MORE important is making sure to design IMPACTFUL QUESTIONS that will produce information which will help gauge mastery! 

Digital Badge Pathway


Prior to this class, I had never heard of digital pathways or digital badges.  I learned that using Google sheets to create these pathways is a great way for students to track their progress and stay organized when presented with a larger task. Digital pathways are beneficial for all students, but especially for students who struggle with executive functioning. The digital badges motivate the students to work through the levels and and reach their goal.  Creating these badges is simple when using tools like Google Draw.  I look forward to using these pathways this year, especially for writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment