My Sentence
Well...after some contemplation, I’ve decided to switch up my Genius Hour project. After practicing Spanish on Duolingo over the past couple of weeks, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not going to progress in my speaking skills as much as I’d like to without dedicating more time and money to learning it. I realized that I needed to hear and attempt to speak it each day in order to get better, and I wasn’t getting that conversational piece from Duolingo. In my first post, I wrote that I wanted to do something that would cause me some frustration, and sure enough, that happened. Although I know I would make progress, I wouldn’t make enough in the 8 weeks to make myself feel like I’ve accomplished anything.
So, that brings me to my sentence:
She tried, she failed, she moved on to something new.
After this little setback, I had to go back to the drawing board. I decided to circle back to my original 3 ideas. The baklava is a bit much to take on, but I figured I could still use the same general concept of learning to make traditional Albanian foods. I’m not really a cook, so this’ll still cause some frustration. The plus side is that I’ll at least see results more quickly and hopefully that’ll keep me motivated.

You're going to be so happy to learn traditional dishes that you can pass on to your own children some day.
ReplyDeleteGo get it, girl! I love that you switched to something that will continue to build a bond between you and your mom :)
ReplyDelete